Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sing a Song (or Two or Three)

My four-year old is preparing for the big end-of-school year program at preschool. It's a musical, like most of their performances. How do I know this? Because he's constantly singing. I will share with you a sample, just so you know we're having a little bit of fun in our house despite the rain!

"The train pulls into the station, into the station, early in the morning. The itsy-bitsy spider up the water spout, down came the rain and washed the water spout. Our god is a big, big god. Big, big god. Big, big god. The train pulls into the station, early in the morning. Early in the morning. Ol' roof time."

And yes, it's all jumbled together like that. It's shouted (as opposed to, you know, actually singing), and it's very monotone. There are no pauses, no breaks for changing into a different song. I have no idea what the train pulling into the station is about, though I believe I've heard "Big, Big God" and the "Itsy-Bitsy Spider" before. And for those of you who have followed along for a while, you will of course remember "ol' roof time" as his version of "all 'round town" from the childhood favorite "Wheels on the Bus" song.

No wonder the twins like to cover their ears a lot. Can you blame them?