Friday, April 29, 2011

Color Bubbles


Color Bubbles, originally uploaded by cheryl.

The Easter Bunny may or may not have thought the new Crayola Color Bubbles were a good idea for a certain little boy in our house. Well, two little boys, really. The twins LOVE bubbles. It's one of their many obsessions, and one they will try to make you keep doing over and over and over again.

Today we finally broke out the color bubbles.

It was a bit ... how do I say this ... messy.

This picture of Connor, this is after we had already cleaned up. Our hands and arms were too dirty to even think about touching the camera during the actual bubble blowing process. So this is the after photo, as in after we took the garden hose and sprayed down our entire arms up to our shirt sleeves. Clearly, we didn't spray our faces off.

Color bubbles are pretty, I'll grant you. They're fun and different and the twins absolutely LOVED them. Connor even enjoyed them. Until he looked down at his hands.

You see, my boys like to run around popping said bubbles as they try to float away. They don't just watch them float by, oh no, they have to touch them. And today, they all turned green in the process.

So here's my humble opinion on color bubbles. Fun, interesting and good every once in a while to break up the monotony. But, make sure you meet certain conditions. Stay away from anything you don't want to have color spots all over it (at least until it rains, as it was pretty washable on every surface we saw today). Wear old clothes, as they're going to get spots on them that may or may not come out in the first wash. Or, better yet, wait until the middle of summer and break them out when you're already doing something messy or with limited clothing - you know, like swimming or running through the sprinkler.

And, finally, be prepared to have color spots all over you. My hand turned green where I was holding the bubbles and the extra stuff dripped back down. My toes turned green for the same reason. I had green bubbles bursting in my hair and on my face. I had dots all over my clothes and my skin (and I wasn't even chasing the darned things like the boys were, I was just blowing them for goodness sakes).

Let's just say everyone had a bath pretty quickly after they came inside tonight. Consider yourself warned.