Connor and I had some time after his school ended at noon before we had to pick his brothers up at their school. We made two stops, one at the local library to exchange a few books he'd already read for some new ones and also to pick up a hold item that had come in for me.
We still had some time, and Connor thought the park by the lake (which we drove past on our way to the library) sounded like a good idea. It was on our way back to his brothers' school, and we still had about forty minutes, so I said why not.
He immediately went for the pirate ship, his favorite part of the park.
Periscope down.
And then it was time to go see the ducks (which really means let's go walk the foot bridge over the water). And maybe complain about how the paddle boats are all locked up for the season. And then decide we have to potty, right now! Good thing there are restrooms behind the paddle boat area, and that they were unlocked today (they're not always).
But then what does he see? A few paddle boats have been left out on the grass, where he could climb on them. We did go potty first, much to his displeasure. But then we climbed over and under and inside the boats.
He wanted to see how the pedals worked, what it did to the propeller underneath and how the steering well worked. He was very curious, and I'm seeing a trip out on the lake next summer in his future, I suppose.
Happy driver. For all of five minutes, until I told him it was time to go pick up brothers from school.
There are no boats there, so how much fun could that be?