Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Happy Chicken (Little) Dance is Back



Well, it finally happened. Chicken Little is no more, at least not the first DVD that we purchased. Whether one of my good children managed to get their hands on it and drop it (explaining the weird scratches), or whether it has just been played for the millionth time (or should I say billionth, because I've seriously lost count) and it finally outlived its life span, the DVD won't play anymore.

And I wish you could have seen the disappointment on Sawyer's face, after having pulled that particular DVD out of the cabinet (his all-time favorite) and then watching Mommy put it in the DVD player, only to have the black DVD screen stay on instead of changing to his favorite start-up screen. Words cannot describe his disappointment. The happy dance stopped abruptly, and then his face was just too pitiful for words when Mommy had to tell him "No Chicken Little today."

The hands also came up over the ears, in case you were wondering, which is his way of letting you know he's seriously displeased.

The good news, at least for him, is that we picked up a new copy at Wal-Mart early this week. Guess how many times we've watched it already? More than the actual amount of days we've owned it, I promise you. But, the happy dance was even happier and the smile was one of the biggest ones you'll ever find on his little face.