No, not from the little guys. Although Xander is definitely coming along these days with a few new ones. Sawyer not so much. But we'll get to that another day. I'm of course referring to my recently returned three-year old. And I say "new sounds" because I've noticed another of his new expressions lately is not really a word.
"Ble-eh!" he says, which sounds a lot like he's about to throw-up. It's his new way of expressing displeasure or distaste. "Ble-eh!"
And it's really, really annoying.
He did it first this morning at breakfast (for about five minutes), first complaining that "Connor no want waffles!" and then moving on to the profound "Ble-eh!" repeated over and over and over. Seriously, what child doesn't like waffles covered in butter and syrup? Clearly, mine.
Next I heard it the entire time I was changing one of his brother's pull-ups. And not just once, about 10 times in the space of two minutes.
And then again at lunch, when he was getting full and was just tired of sitting at the table.
And again after he went potty. And, well you get the idea.
Let's just say we've heard it a lot today. Clearly I should have second thoughts about sending him to hang out with college kids for a week at the beach!