It's amazing the things you think to do while you're waiting for something to happen. Today, I was waiting for a load of laundry to finish, so that I could pack it into our overnight bags to head to the lake. I could have done anything in that thirty minutes, but instead, I decided to torture all of us. I cut the twins hair. It was ridiculously long, and hanging in their eyes.
And torture it was, for me and for them. They of course don't sit still, even strapped into their booster seats at the dining room table. They wave their arms, shake their heads, and basically cause cut hair to fly everywhere. At least I did think to get out the central vacuum attachment first. But there were tears and screams, mostly theirs.
And I'm sure they don't look quite as good as the ones that were done at the very expensive children's salon (nearly $50 for three little boys). And their hair grows ridiculously fast, so I'm afraid there will be more torture sessions in the future. Why pay someone else to make them scream, because they screamed there too, when I can do it in the confines of my own house and save the money. We do have to keep buying more Thomas trains, after all!
So about an hour later, we finished and then I finished up the laundry and got us all on the road. The torture was short lived, and they seem to have recovered just fine. Candy and juice and grandparents are good treats to have, apparently.