Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Great Day

Finally, warm weather and sunshine again! After trying to squeeze so much in this week with only two little boys to chase, today was our day to relax. We had no plans other than to enjoy the afternoon.

This morning we took our first walk with Louie and Buster. Now that was interesting. I only wish I could photograph myself, because I think it would amuse most of you to see me pushing the triple stroller (minus one kid, of course) and with two dogs, one small one on one side and one very large one on the other, since they don't really get along all that well. It went better than I imagined, so long as I kept Louie from sniffing Buster (which freaks him out a little).

And during our stroll we ran into our new neighborhood friends, so we dropped the puppies back off at home and took another long stroll with Baby Zachary and his mom. Connor will be a little upset, missing two of his friends in one day, though I'm sure he's just fine with all the one-on-one attention at Grandma and Pa's.

So we spent the rest of the afternoon strolling, lunching, and sitting on the deck (well, the boys are actually napping now), but we've gotten to enjoy a little break in our routine and get outside, both good things. Mommy will enjoy a little more peace and quiet before our Wednesday sitters (good cousins Katie and Josh) arrive to give us an adult night out.

Tomorrow will take us back down to the lake, to visit with Grandma and Pa for a few days and to bring Connor back home this weekend. Let the good times begin (and thank goodness for nice weather again!)

Sometimes, I think we all get a little too caught up in going and doing and not enough time in stopping to enjoy. Today I have accomplished absolutely nothing. But the grocery store will still be there tomorrow or even next week. Same with the dirty floors and the laundry. We have enough food and clothes and we can get by with a less than perfect house. The boys will only be little once. I will only be thirty (or very nearly anyway) once. Sit back. Enjoy. At least every once in a while . . .