Wednesday, April 2, 2008

That's What I Get



It serves me right, I guess, for teaching my son bad habits. Last week, we wandered into the neighborhood common area (right across the street from our house) where a bunch of wild "Easter lilies" (yellow daffodils) grow at the base of one of the large trees that somehow managed to outlive suburbia. Connor and I picked some flowers to put in a vase in our window, even though Mommy knew very well it was probably against our deed restrictions (we won't mention the neighbor who likes to walk their dog over there every day to do his business, because that's probably against the rules too!).

Yesterday, while we were out doing "colors" on the sidewalk during brothers afternoon nap, Connor decided we needed some more. You see, Mommy had thrown the wilted ones away just that morning. Only, this time, he picked one from our driveway! There are hundreds across the street, and maybe five growing in our yard (well, now four). Serves me right, for teaching him to pick flowers instead of admiring them where they grow. I guess my tulips will be next, as they appear ready to bloom any day. Clearly Mommy and her bad habits need some work.