Tuesday, August 20, 2013
"August Soccer"
Xander has been saying it for weeks. "August soccer?"
And then, just as quickly, "Soccer first, then Wendy's."
It's the little things, apparently. And while I definitely think the french fries are the motivating factor, I also think he was looking forward to soccer again, too.
Xander is a natural athlete, in every sense of the words. Whether kicking a ball, throwing a ball or catching one, he just does it with a simplicity and ease that you would not expect. It's actually kind of amazing to watch him play. He has some trouble with the listening, and the following of rules, but he has no trouble with the fundamentals. Dribble the ball down the field, kick hard, score. That he can definitely do. Stretches, listening activities, group activities. Those come less easily. Usually with screams of protest and a lot of "No (insert activity here)!" after every thing his coach says to the team. I think she's used to it by now.
So we're back to soccer Sundays through October. The fall season is outdoors, which I think both boys will like better. Time will tell ...
