Two snow days in two weeks, which is a little unusual in our part of the world. The boys were off yesterday because of rough road conditions, and it continued to snow all day on Friday and again today.
With big flakes falling, Connor looked outside wistfully.
"I wish we could go outside and play."
Normally, that's not my idea of fun. It takes a LOT of effort to wrangle all three boys into enough layers to make it outside. And keeping gloves and hats on is usually an ongoing battle.
But the big flakes were pretty. The boys had been stuck inside all day yesterday for the snow day, and again today with no plans to leave the house.
So I made the effort. After 30 minutes of wrestling everyone into several layers of clothing, including the dreaded hats and gloves, we were ready to go outside. Connor took off running. Buster tore out after him. Xander went out hesitantly. Sawyer stood on the doorstep and required a little helpful shove.
And then we made it out. For nearly an hour, which I consider impressive for my three boys. Connor would have stayed out longer, but their clothes were getting wet and their cheeks were getting red. I figured we had pushed our luck long enough.
Daddy, who had stayed inside to study for his last paramedic test, had hot chocolate waiting for us when we came back inside. Coats are still hanging up to dry, and a big load of laundry is still in the dryer.
But I think the boys had a good time.
The rest of the photos are here.