Sunday, May 27, 2012

End of Days

For the first time in a long time, school ended before Memorial Day weekend (a mild winter with only one snow day, which I'm sure mother nature will repay in full next school year). The last two weeks have passed in a blur.

Fun Day (see here). Most lovable people party for first grade (see here). Class plays and class picnics for kindergarten (see here and here). Field Day for everyone (see here - and special thanks to Xander's amazing aide Mrs. G for sharing the photos). First grade walking field trip to the neighborhood park (which just happens to be the one down the street from our house - see here).

There were also a lot of teachers and aides and therapists and staff members to thank for such an amazing school year - and that means a whole lot of cookies and gift bags. It's not nearly enough, but it's a little something to let them know how much we appreciate all their hard work and effort in helping our boys through the school year. (See here).

And, of course, there is still Spring baseball four or five nights a week (see here and here).

And speech therapy every Tuesday. Assuming the boys are well enough to go, which after a week of passing around a nasty stomach virus, they were not.

We've also been working on adding occupational therapy for the boys. It starts in two weeks.

So, like I said, a blur.

Summer break has officially started. We're taking a few days to ease into a new routine. So far, that's involved days spent in pajamas (see here), movies, screens and hours in the backyard pool (see here).

I wish I could say that means a lot of sleeping in. But two little boys don't know how to do that. Ever.

Oh, and I really need to be working on a freelance project, too.

Blur.