So many times, I have said I'm going to quit feeding the twins separate meals. So many times. And I always mean it. I have very good intentions.
But it's incredibly hard to follow through.
Not that we don't try. We have tried and tried and tried.
Tonight was a case in point. I made one of our staples. Fried pork chops, green beans and cheese potatoes. I put some of everything on everyone's plate. The kids also got a side of applesauce and some Goldfish crackers.
Guess what the boys ate? Connor ate everything except the cheese potatoes (he really is not a fan, and we're going to have to stop requesting that he eat them). Sawyer ate his fried pork chop (it is like chicken, you know). Xander pushed his plate away. They all ate their applesauce and Goldfish.
And lest you think we did not try, we did actually ask both Sawyer and Xander to take a bite of everything on their plate. And that didn't go so well.
They resisted. But after repeated requests, both of them touched a bite of each food to their lips. Both of them actually gagged to have real food touch their mouth. Not pretend gag, mind you, but actually gagged. Xander even took to wiping off his tongue in an attempt to get rid of the taste.
Sigh.
We'll keep trying, of course. We're encouraged that the boys will at least touch the food to their mouths. That's a huge step for both of them. Now we'll work on actually liking something beyond their usual fare of yogurt, applesauce, chips and select fruit.
Just another day in the life ...