Fall has always been my favorite time of year in our part of the world. It's that perfect balance between summer's heat and winter's cold. I love the bright blue skies, the changing leaves, and the general lack of rain. It is pretty close to perfection.
Today was one of those days. It was a little overcast, but still warm enough to be outside without jackets or even socks. The boys and I are not fans of socks, if you haven't noticed. They're all about the Crocs, and I'm all about a good pair of flip flops. Even in the dead of winter, but I digress.
It's another work day for Daddy, so that means the boys and I had the whole day to either drive each other crazy or find a way to entertain ourselves.
We had the requisite screen time this morning, while I took some time to sleep in and eventually wake up to the day. Then the boys played with toys for a while, until it turned into chasing each other all over the house and destroying their rooms.
That's usually my sign to take them out for some fresh air. And I was ready for it, too. All three boys love to go outside. Sawyer loves it most, but Connor's a close second. Xander either really loves it or really hates it, so he's my in between one. Today he was loving it like the other two, so we stayed out for a few hours.
Bouncing. Swinging. Coloring with chalk. It doesn't get much better for my boys.
I love to watch them play together, though it's never typical play. Usually Connor chases Xander and tickles him. Sawyer likes to be close, but not too close, to the action. He likes the extra bouncers on the trampoline, as it makes him go higher than he can go on his own. Of course, it also usually breaks down into tears and hitting, but I think that part is probably pretty typical for three brothers close in age.
Just another day in the life ...