It's a game we've been playing all week long. And we're all kind of tired of it.
It started with Sawyer the middle of last week. Nasty stomach virus going around school. He managed to stay at school, but it was messy. Xander followed late last week, but also stayed at school.
Monday morning it hit Connor even harder. He got sick at school, as in all over the carpet in the classroom. That was my first phone call of the week. He came home early Monday, and then stayed home on Tuesday just to be safe (low-grade fever Monday with the illness).
My second phone call of the week came on Wednesday. Xander was going through round two, also with a low-grade fever. He came home, then stayed home again today just to be safe. Tomorrow is still up in the air for him. Though clearly it's not stopping him from enjoying his screens (yes, wiped down with Clorox wipes after each session).
Musical sickness, apparently. Daddy even complained he wasn't feeling well after working all day (and night) yesterday. I told him it was just being assigned to the ambulance instead of the fire truck for his shift - that would be enough to do it for me.
This was all we needed as I continue to recover from my recent surgery. The last two days, I've done probably ten loads of laundry - sheets, mattress pads, comforters, towels, clothes, anything and everything that can go into the washer on sanitize setting. I've also gone through several cans of Lysol and several containers of Clorox wipes trying to keep things contained.
As much as I love fall, this part - the musical sickness every year at the change of seasons - I could do without.
Here's hoping it stops soon. Before it makes me sick, too.