While a temperature is pretty hard to fake, I'm begining to suspect my children are not really sick. I think they just wanted to stay home from school.
I will even grant you that Connor looked really, really pitiful on Monday. He slept pretty much all day and had to be woken up to take his perscription medication. He even dozed in odd places and uncomfortable positions - he was just exhausted. But yesterday and today, he's been the opposite of pitiful. He's been hyper and chatty and playful and completely needy. You know, normal.
Xander was sent home with a temperature on Tuesday, but he never even remotely looked sick at home. He did sleep late that morning, and also again this morning, but his mood and his behavior have been fine both days. He's been eating and drinking and playing like normal. I've never gotten a temperature over 98 at home.
So who knows. Perhaps Connor was starting to get sick, and then the medication stopped it in its tracks. I have no idea what Xander's issue was, but both of them appear fine.
I'm pretty sure everyone's going back to school tomorrow. Then Mommy can rest for a few days before she works this weekend.