Friday, May 21, 2010
On the Road Again
Another year, another birthday. And that means another trip to the lake. For as long as I can remember, I have been going to the lake for my birthday. It's always been my favorite thing to do and a great way to spend my birthday. This year was no different.
After the twins were finished with school Monday afternoon, I loaded them into the truck and we headed straight down the interstate. I had already packed our things, and luckily enough, it was family story time in Sawyer's class on Friday, so I was able to get both boys ready to go (meaning a quick potty break at the last minute) before school was over for the day.
Apparently a whole week of school was hard work on them, because they both fell asleep shortly into the two-hour drive. It was a quiet one, at least until we were almost there.
We enjoyed Mommy's favorite homemade meal - a slow-cooked roast with noodles and some whipped icing birthday cake for dessert. We got to visit with Grandma and Grandpa and spend a lot of time playing outside. The boys had a big time.
Birthdays at the lake. It doesn't get much better than that!