Monday, March 22, 2010

Oops!

And so it begins ...

Today was the first day we managed to forget something important for school. Connor's school bag, with his snack (or lunch, really) included, made it to the garage but didn't quite make it to school.

In between getting the mail out to the box and getting Connor's booster seat into Daddy's truck, neither Connor nor Daddy noticed until after they got to school that the bag was still at home. They were too busy worrying about the chocolate doughnuts and milk they were enjoying for breakfast on the way, apparently.

When I took the twins out to my truck for their school a little after 10 this morning, I saw it sitting on the table in the garage. Oops.

So after I got the twins off to their school, I stopped back by Connor's school so he would have something to eat. The class was out, which meant the door was locked. They were either playing in the gym or in music class, so I simply hung it on the outside of the door and hoped for the best. Mostly that the class hadn't already had snack time, since I was pretty sure the backpack and kiddie lunch were safe inside the Christian preschool.

Turns out I was right. And we need not have worried anyway. Josh told me tonight that he told the teacher he could stop back by the house to get it, but the school keeps extra snacks on hand in the office for just such occasions. Which was why he didn't call me. But I didn't mind, because Connor's school was on my way back home anyway. And that means the school can save the snack for another child at another time.

So tell me why I am suddenly seeing visions of last minute homework and projects suddenly being left behind or completely forgotten until the morning they're due? Clothes that were supposed to be washed the night before for special days at school but no one bothered to mention? Lunches packed or monies turned in for field trips?

I'm sure it's only the beginning ...