Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Days

Another snow day means another day trapped inside our house. And while that shouldn't be such a bad thing, it's getting old. I am not a winter person. I am so over snow and rain and cold. If we can't get outside to walk or play or even to drive, then the walls start to close in and the boys and I all go a little crazy.

The original plan for today was to drop the twins off at school, and then Connor and I would run some errands and do our weekly lunch out. None of that happened. We stayed home. And therefore watched a little more television than I'd like and spent a little too much time screaming at each other.

We tried to address valentines, which are due by Friday in two of the three classes, but that didn't work out too well either. Connor was too busy watching television to pay attention and kept spelling his own name wrong. And the twins kept trying to steal the suckers that I was attaching to each valentine. I also feel like I should be doing valentines for the third class, but I don't have a name list and I don't know everyone in that class. Hopefully I haven't missed it somewhere along the way, because I don't know that I could take getting a list the night before they're due.

The end of the day brought a little break, for two of us anyway. This month's Book Club was scheduled for tonight, and after a few phone calls and e-mails to discuss driving conditions and logistics, we decided to go ahead. The boys had a blast. Connor was a bit keyed up, having been trapped in the house a lot recently, but they did pretty well for the planned activities of the evening and really enjoyed the free play time afterward. The moms (and host dad) did, too.

A good way to end a very long snow day.Of course, the bad news is that school has already been canceled for tomorrow, too. So here we go again ...