Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day



Though I'm not exactly one to make New Year's Resolutions (if you're going to do something, just do it, don't wait until January to talk about it!), one of my goals lately has been less screen time for the boys, be it computer or television or game or whatever. More play, less watch.

The boys did incredibly well the first two days home from vacation. They were so excited to see all their toys again, they've just played at home. But today was a snow day, and they were here all day in the house (driving their mother a little crazy).

So I gave in. I opened up one of the Christmas presents we didn't get set up before we left on vacation - the new educational gaming system that Aunt Kelly and Aaron got for the boys. It was a hit, in case you can't tell. Connor likes to think of it as his game, so he played it most of the time. Xander played a little, but hasn't mastered the controls just yet (though he was telling Connor the appropriate letters during the games, which Connor sometimes didn't even know)! I'm sure Xander will figure it out soon enough. Sawyer, as usual, was happy just to dance.

We may have blown the "more play, less watch" goal today. We'll be better once the snow is gone. Swear.