Thursday, January 21, 2010

Attitude



Does the picture not say it all? Do you not hear the sharp "Anhh!" that goes with that look? Because I do, just looking at the photo makes it echo in my head.

The last few days I've found myself wondering if a bad attitude were reason enough to keep one little boy home from school. I honestly feel bad dropping him off at school, knowing just what his teachers are going to be in for. It's one thing for me, to have one fussy little guy out of three. But one fussy one with twenty others? It just seems wrong.

But off to school he's gone. The teachers have had to physically carry him in the last two days, kicking and screaming the whole way. One of those proud Mommy moments, I assure you. I'm told that he calms down, eventually.

We're all having trouble getting back into our routine, with the boys being out sick (legitimately so, with a stomach virus) several days last week and then the national holiday (and early start work day) this week. Not to mention being trapped inside on these cold, rainy days.

Always my sleepyhead, Xander got a little too comfortable with the afternoon nap. And it's thrown him off. So he's been having a rough week. Lots of tears and angry outbursts, more so than even normal for my feisty twin. He apparently went to bed about 6 p.m. last night, was up from midnight to about four this morning, and then was not at all happy to get back up at 10 a.m. this morning.

Fun times.