Three different times last night, Sawyer got sick. First, all over the couch just before bath and bed time. Second, in the few hours between bath and bed and when Josh went in to check on him before bed. And last, one more time while we were attempting to clean up his bed and pajamas so he could go back to sleep. He had a rough end of the day yesterday.
This morning, I was torn between sending him to school and keeping him home. I don't want to be one of those parents who send their kids to school when they might still be sick or when they could still be contagious to other children just because I like my peace. I do like, a lot in fact, but not at my son's expense. I was torn. He really has seemed much better this morning. He's been drinking (ice water, mind you, because I wouldn't chance anything else just yet) and eating his dry cereal. He has been a bit quieter and less active than usual, but all in all, pretty much fine.
But the quiet and less active eventually got me. That's just not Sawyer. I was afraid he would get to school, and even if feeling physically fine, might be in one of his moods where he demands to be held the whole time. That doesn't help the teachers or the other kids. I decided, about 20 minutes before time to go, not to chance it. I would keep him home with me.
And if I had visions of picking out a movie and curling up on the couch with my little man, since he's never quiet or still and his mood seemed to indicate I might get away with it for a change, then I was mistaken. Sneaky little thing apparently got all the quiet and inactive out of his system this morning. He picked one of his favorite DVDs - Teletubbies - and has been happily dancing and jabbering at them the last half an hour.
Clearly, he's all better now.