Thursday, December 10, 2009

Santa's Workshop

Today was the big day . . . the day I had set aside to make all of the teacher and therapist Christmas gifts. We do cookies, of course. And with seven teachers and two therapists, we have a lot of cookies to make. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 total. That's why I'm just now waiting on the last batch to cool, at 11:43 at night.



Early in the day, when it's still light out. That's the first batch, chocolate chip.



The second batch was a new one, chocolate raspberry. Mmm, Mommy's favorite flavors.



Several batches later, it's now dark outside. I think this one is oatmeal raisin, but they're are also sugar cookies and peanut butter with chocolate candy cookies in the mix somewhere, too.



And, the final result (well, except for that last batch that is still cooling and goes in the top of each stocking). Josh asked me what I was going to label the photo as I took it a few minutes ago. His suggestion was "Those damn kids!" which is kind of cute. But I think "Santa's Workshop" is more appropriate.

It does make for one long day for me, constantly baking and cooling and wrapping and labeling. But it's well worth it. We're hopefully giving each of their teachers something nice that they can enjoy for the holidays, a little something to say thank-you for all the ways they help our boys every single day of the school year. Fresh baked cookies for them and their families to enjoy.

Happy holidays, and as I often tell them when I drop a batch off randomly throughout the year (note, one batch, not five), happy friday!