Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tall Tales



Of all the things Connor did while he was on vacation last week, his favorite seems to be riding the race cars. They did so many, many times. And the last time, he got to ride all by himself.

Grandma said he really liked that, though he did have a little trouble with the brakes when it was time to stop (nearly taking out the attendant as he made his way back into the pits). The Power Wheels don't have breaks, you see. You just let off the gas and it stops. Not so with race cars, apparently.

But to hear him tell it, he had quite an adventure.

"I got to ride race cars by myself. I went round and round, really fast. But then I crashed. The boy hit me, then I hit the wall and flipped upside down and landed on my head. And then it was a fire, and then a big boom! But then I drove back and the man held out his hand like this (making a fist) for me to stop. So I did. It was fun!"

Now, as I'm sure you've guessed, there was no crash or flipping upside down or landing on his head. And there certainly wasn't any fire or big boom. But Connor always includes these facts when he recites his story (which is often).

Regardless of what really happened, that's how he remembers it.