Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Sleepy Twin



All those early mornings finally caught up to our little man. It's apparently hard work trying to keep up with Sawyer. It requires extra rest, and a very rare thing that we haven't seen around our house in a long time . . . a nap!

A five-hour one.

Because he was that tired. He is our resident sleepyhead, after all.

You would be too if you were trying to keep up with your twin brother, the one who's routinely awake before 7 a.m., if not before, and who never, ever naps. At least not on purpose. I am told Sawyer "crashed" one day at school this week, which I kind of expected. He was awake beginning about 3 a.m. that morning. And he never really went back to sleep until about noon, at preschool.

So much for spending this perfect fall day outside. Maybe we'll have better luck tomorrow. That is, if we can actually get either one of them in bed tonight! Sawyer is never ready, and I somehow doubt Xander will be after sleeping most of the day away.