When it comes to cooking, my skill level is pretty average. I have a few recipes that are really, really good and a lot that are just good enough. My grandmother was a wonderful cook. She used to bake, a lot. So much, in fact, that one of her kitchen cabinets was lined with paper and filled with flour. But that particular part of the cooking skills didn't get passed down. My mom was big on mixes and buying from the store deli when it came to desserts. Quicker and easier, when you're a working mother. She also tends to be a bit of a perfectionist, so I'm sure that uneven baking and mismatched cookies would not have made her happy.
But I like to experiment. I'm also less of a perfectionist (though I too have my moments). More importantly, I love a good cookie. So when I came across a homemade chocolate chip recipe last year, I tried it. And LOVED it. So now most of the cookies we have at our house are the kind you have to make yourself, usually with lots of sugar, flour and butter!
The clear favorite at our house are those first chocolate chip ones I discovered on another blog. Daddy also likes a modified version of the oatmeal raisin recipe under the lid of Quaker Oats. But I kept searching for something else. I've been wanting another cookie to add to our rotation, especially with the holidays and parties coming up.
And I kept coming across this recipe over and over in magazines. Peanut butter cookies with Hershey kisses in the middle. Mmm.
Mommy likes. Daddy and Connor both approve. Xander and Sawyer, so far, are not fans, though Xander did condescend enough to eat the chocolate kiss off of one. We will take some in for the boys teachers tomorrow, and see what they think. We like to surprise them every now and then with a "Happy Friday" or a "Happy Monday" treat! We certainly don't need to eat them all ourselves!