Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Itsy Bitsy Spider . . .



Before I had kids, I never understood why people wanted to send their kids to preschool. You're going to have a lot of years of school, anyway, right? Isn't it a glorified form of day care? And now that I have kids, well, I can't wait to send them off to their respective schools.

There are lots of reasons. Social interaction for them. Preparation for all day school when it comes. Learning to listen and follow directions. Participating with a group. Learning to share and take turns. A little break for me. Speech and occupational therapy for the twins. Like I said, lots of very good, logical reasons.

And, the boys are actually learning something every day that, let's face it, I would probably be too tired or too busy to do at home on a daily basis. That said, I absolutely love the projects the kids bring home. The kids have amazing teachers who keep them engaged and create fun projects for them to work on with their friends. Today, Connor's class did a lesson on the Itsy Bitsy Spider. How cute is he, playing with his pretend spider and rain spout while we wait for brothers in the car pool line?

Yeah, preschool rocks.