It's hard, coming back home after being spoiled since last Wednesday. Here is Mr. Pitiful at the end of our day, playing outside just before time for bed (early, if you're wondering). Trust me, after the day we've had, we both needed that early bed time.
Here's just a sample of the attitude I heard from him today.
"I still tired. It's too early." You know, at 8:30 this morning when I was trying to get him up and dressed so we could get him to school at 9.
"We never do anything. I haven't done anything ALL WEEK!" Upon being told he would not be playing video games today.
"I'm just gonna quit! I not gonna walk anymore!" As he attempts to stomp and fuss while simultaneously riding his Big Wheel around the block. He was tired, you know, five seconds in to the walk and wanted to "rest for a little while."
"I not gonna do it!" He says defiantly, to his mother who's already making him stand in the corner for being mean to his little brother. Rest assured, he did do it. He turned and faced back to the wall and screamed bloody murder while doing it. When he stopped, I let him sit down and have dinner with his brothers after a few tearful "Yes, ma'ms."
"It was Xander." A little white lie, when I asked him how the Lightning McQueen trucks made it all the way downstairs from their storage (okay, hiding) spot on the third floor. You can probably guess his second and third lies (Sawyer and Daddy, respectively). We faced the corner for lying too, if you're wondering.
There was also fighting with his brothers over the swings (meaning he tried to physically push them off so he could swing). There was hoarding of toys, in which he wouldn't let his brothers have ANYTHING to play with. There was whining for candy every five minutes (note to self, buy Halloween candy much later next year). There was complaining about the DVD selection of the afternoon. There was constant begging for computer game playing. There was constant disobedience and smart mouth responses.
Sigh. It's been one of those days.
Hopefully a good night's sleep does us both some good.