Saturday, September 19, 2009

To Grammy's House We Go

This weekend is my one weekend of the month to work, meaning that I actually work both Saturday and Sunday instead of just one day. Josh has his usual Saturday class, and he's also trying to get caught up on some work he's doing at one of his houses. And that means that Grammy and Pappy were nice enough to watch the boys both days this weekend, picking them up this morning and keeping them overnight at their house.

Today's schedule included a trip to the local fall festival in a nearby town, one we've attended several years in the past. I can smell the funnel cakes now, just thinking about it. There were also plans for a trip to a local wildlife sanctuary, and maybe watching a little bit of college football, too, as the home team was playing its big rival game today.

Tomorrow is another fall festival, the one held at the university club where Grammy and Pappy are members and often invite us out for dinners and for swimming. The boys and I did this one last year with Grammy and Aunt Kelly and Cousin Katie, too. Hopefully the weather will hold out and they can enjoy it again tomorrow.

And I know I'm going to enjoy sleeping in tomorrow. Sawyer will be kicking the door at Grammy's house at 6 in the morning and Connor will be standing at the foot of her bed whispering (loudly), "Grammy? Grammy? You awake yet?"