You might wonder how I know this, especially for the two who don't exactly speak. But trust me, I do. Connor has learned to love it during those visits at the lake that overlapped with cousin Austin. He's eleven, and he knows his way around the computer gaming world. He introduced Connor, even going so far as to give him a user name and password on some site I'd never even heard of. We have it written down somewhere, but we've not attempted it yet.
No, we stick with what Mommy knows. PBSkids.org. It has the kids favorite characters, since this is pretty much all we let them watch, and it's geared specifically to preschoolers. Connor loves them all, and we've only been on a few so far. The twins aren't able to do much yet, but they love to stand behind the screen and dance while either Connor or sometimes Mommy (for their benefit) plays. Xander gets so excited that he's literally jumping up and down and hitting you.
For Sawyer, his request comes in the form of dragging you to the computer and putting his fingers on the screen. He has a touch screen in his preschool classroom, you see. And he LOVES it.
For Xander, it's just climbing right up on top of the desk (who needs the chair, apparently) and pushing every button you possibly can until the computer reboots itself. His teachers are impressed that he's quickly mastered the control-alt-delete combo and constantly shuts down the computers in their classrooms. That's pretty impressive for a three-year old with limited reach on those small hands, to hit all three keys simultaneously. Xander also has issues with turning ours on and off, with playing with the CD drives and with turning the printer on and off. We're working on him.
While I tried to feed the little guys a late lunch after school (assuming, of course, that they had rejected the school lunch experiment), I wanted to give Connor something to do. He asked to play a computer game. So I got him started. Well, the twins didn't want much lunch, either because they weren't hungry (not likely) or because the sound of the game was too appealing (that's my vote).
So here is what I found after I finished cleaning up the kitchen from lunch.
Two twins, dancing behind big brother as he plays a Word World game.
Three boys completely engrossed in yet another screen (no, I'm not really excited by this picture, although it is a little bit cute).
Xander and Connor coming to blows over who gets to play. Xander is sneaking up on top of the desk (our monkey, of course) and Connor is trying to elbow him back down.
Brotherly love, right?