Connor is never very excited about these walks. He likes to complain "Shew, I tired!" every five steps (sometimes less) and make them generally unpleasant for all of us. I warned him that he had to be good on this walk if he wanted to do something fun this afternoon.
He, of course, asked "What we do today?" I mentioned we might go to the park, if he could be a good boy and help take Buster on a walk, without his usual complaint.
And he made it most of the way around before he almost slipped up. It started to come out, that "Shew" escaped before he even thought about it, I'm sure. But one look from Mommy (arched eyebrow included) and he quickly amended it. "Shew, long way around!"
A complaint, of course, but not the one I had warned him about. And not another peep out of him the whole way home. He remembered, and kept his promise. And Mommy kept hers.
Off to the park we went.

We naturally spent a lot of time on the circular swing. We also ran through the forts and slid down slides for hours on end. We even walked across the bridge and looked at ducks several times.
And then we had to leave to pick up brothers from school. A quick lunch for everyone, and then back outside for more fun.

The kiddie pool is a big hit. Look at Sawyer's irrepressible grin. Even Xander, my non-water baby (at least until this summer), was all over it. Connor, of course, couldn't contain himself. He splashed half of the water out onto the deck in the first 10 minutes we were outside.
We stayed for hours. Daddy even came home and joined us. I kept my position in the sun with my latest classic of choice. Daddy took the newspaper and some snacks under the shade of the umbrella. The kids naturally swarmed, in search of treats. Back yard (or deck, as it were) fun at its best.
And tired little boys. Xander fell asleep at the dinner table, at 6 p.m. Sawyer and Connor went up around 7:30 p.m. All out within minutes of their heads touching the pillow.
Until tomorrow, probably very early . . .