Thursday, April 9, 2009

Beautiful Day



The sun and warmer weather has finally returned, which is nice, since it actually snowed two days earlier this week! Sawyer was still not quite himself, so I kept him home again, but this afternoon he came around a bit and I'm even hopeful he might get to go to school tomorrow (and actually enjoy his Easter party, too)!

The little guys and I took advantage of Connor's absence and did something we don't get to do often anymore - we took one of our long, winding stroller rides for miles. Mommy has certainly missed the exercise and the peace that comes from these walks. It's nice not to hear someone (ahem, Connor) complaining "Shew, I tired!" every five seconds only to get home and proceed to run around for hours without stopping. Clearly it's more about not wanting to walk than it is about being tired.

But, I digress. The little guys and I got out for a few hours to enjoy this beautiful spring day. We took Buster on his short walk first, and then we did our usual route through the neighborhood where we live and the one next to it that's still largely under construction (probably about 4 miles all told). We even stopped by our favorite field and played for a little bit. Sawyer wasn't up to much more than standing there and looking around, so we didn't stay as long as sometimes. But still, it was a nice little trip. Nice to be out of the house and away from the television, and to see how pretty it is here in the early spring.

Here's hoping your day was just as nice.