It seems nothing in our house is "out of reach" anymore. It used to be that it was perfectly safe to let the little guys up at whatever ungodly hour they decided it was time to be awake, turn on PBS and let them go (so that you could, ahem, go back to bed).
Today, it was about 7 a.m. for Sawyer, at which time he proceeded to kick on his door for release. After my busy weekend away, including staying up late and getting up early the day before I drove six hours in the truck, I was still tired. I went back to bed, and stayed there for quite some time. Josh got up just a little while later, when Xander woke up sometime after 8 a.m.
And what did he find downstairs this morning after a few hours of unsupervised play? Not much out of the ordinary. PBS was playing in the background, and Sawyer's favorite toys were scattered around the living and play rooms.
There was, however, the empty M&M dispenser sitting ominously on the dining room table.
You see, in my sleep-deprived haste this morning, I had opted against getting Sawyer his milk and dry cereal (their usual early breakfast). He apparently was hungry and decided M&Ms would work just fine. We're not sure, but we estimate there were maybe 30 left in the dispenser, as it was mostly empty (thank goodness).
Oh well, at least he didn't attempt to put them inside any body parts this time, right?