Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Did I mention a winter storm moving our way?



A little snow, a lot of ice. No preschool for Connor and no work for Daddy.



It started last night with ice, turned to a bit of snow, and today is back to ice.



Inside looking out . . . it's warmer that way.



The hanging lights on our deck, covered in a thick layer of ice.



Someone is ready to play. He also thinks he wants a walk, since he was jumping up and down and wagging his tail when I put on my shoes and coat to attempt to take some mail out and snap a few winter pictures.



Distorted view, inside looking out. Apparently the wind was blowing this way, since this is the only window covered in ice.



Afraid to leave the safety of the garage, so a picture peeking around the corner. And that window you see, that's the distorted one covered in ice.



Do you see that glassy sheen (particularly obvious in the far right)? That means I would slide all the way to the road (if not further) before stopping. That would be our driveway, which slopes downhill and takes up most of the front yard in a semi-circle. Solid sheet of ice.



That would be the mail I decided could wait. There's about 30 feet of solid ice between me and the mailbox, though surprisingly enough, I saw the mailman as I was taking these photos. Those thank-you cards for the twins' birthday, you'll get those later. And Buster, well he'll have to wait on that walk, too.

Hope everyone is staying warm in their part of the world!