Monday, December 15, 2008

Wet & Wild Adventure

With rain in the forecast all week and tons of things going on (the usual preschool and therapy routine with some miscellaneous pre-wedding stuff for our cousins Josh & Katie and some Christmas things, too), I decided today was my best bet to take the boys out for our weekly Sam's visit. We missed last week because we didn't need much, but we were down to our last gallon of milk!

So, I checked the radar online and managed to get us there and back without getting too wet. The only thing I didn't plan on was one of my little boys being too tired to make it through the trip. It was 11 a.m., but apparently it was still too late in the day for Xander. As I'm pushing the cart through the store, his eyes start getting heavy and closing. He falls asleep - sitting straight up in the cart! As we keep going, he starts leaning on Sawyer, who's none to happy about that and pushes him back over to his side. So, Mommy takes off her rain jacket (thankfully not wet) and makes a makeshift pillow on the push bar of the cart and leans him forward. He stays that way the entire time we're in there - about 40 minutes - and even stays asleep during checkout and when I pick him up and put him into his car seat in the truck.

He's still sleeping right now. As are all of the boys. Sawyer fell asleep while I was unloading groceries. You know, so I could actually get to the kids to get them out of their seats. Connor made it until after lunch and even tried to fight me on going upstairs (but was asleep in minutes). A long weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's will apparently do that for you.

Now, will Mommy sleep too, or will she work on one of the thousand things that needs to be done between now and Christmas? That's the question . . .