Wednesday, December 10, 2008

S-T-U-B-B-O-R-N



Look at him, with that tongue sticking out, he just looks like he's up to no good. And it's not deceptive, because he is mischievous.

In the last few weeks, Xander has developed a fascination with letters and numbers. He loves to run his fingers over them while you either count them or tell him what they are. Today was an extra fun session, because in addition to following along with us (Miss April was here for developmental therapy), he was also mouthing the correct letters. Yes, that's right, he actually knew what the letters were and was making the sound to himself. And if that's not bad enough, he also spoke several of them out loud. Not to us, mind you, but in his oh-s0-typical way of muttering to himself under his breath. He said "Em," "Eee" and "Oh" all at the appropriate time. I have even heard "R" and "Y" from him, though not today.

I think it's time to start getting out crayons and paper and working with him on his letters. The first word I'm going to ask him to spell is "stubborn." I have a feeling he knows it well. Who knows, maybe he already knows how to write, too, and he just doesn't want to yet.