Just in case you were wondering where my three-year-old gets it from, I will share my funny moment from our recent vacation.
Every year that I have gone, for as long as I can remember, my family has stopped at a little candy shop in the mountains. They have this wonderful creation called dark chocolate raspberry jellies. They are the best, assuming you like dark chocolate and raspberry (which my husband does not). He got some home made rocky road fudge and some taffy instead.
But, I digress.
My jellies are outrageously expensive. They list them at $7.25 for a 1/2 lb., which of course just means they're embarrassed to list it as $14.50 a lb! Regardless, they are a must have on such trips. As we were browsing, I noticed that there were fewer of my favorites than any of the others nearby on display. When the lady behind the counter asked how many I wanted, my completely innocent and completely true response was,
"I want them all!"
Josh found this extremely humorous, as did the clerk. I was completely serious. And I got them all. All $13.00 worth that were remaining, which was not quite a pound but close enough. The ones I've eaten have been delicious. The few remaining will be equally so.
I apologize in advance to my parents, who will be traveling there this weekend (with Connor in tow), because I may have just cleaned them out. The poor clerk said it was a good thing I came in when I did, because they were so busy there wouldn't be time to make any more until after the weekend! Hopefully that means there will be some for Grandma and Grandpa and Connor this weekend. But if not, I'm not sharing mine . . .