How much do we love our good cousins (and how much do some of you hate us)? We have a standing date night every Wednesday, as our good cousins who are in town finishing up their last year of school seem to enjoy spending time with our three little monsters. They come over every Wednesday to play and watch movies with the boys, and Josh and I get a nice break from the kids and to reconnect after busy days.
Last night was pretty typical. We spent the first part of our "date night" doing a bit of business for Josh, then we made our way to one of my favorite restaurants (P.F. Chang's) for a late dinner. In typical glutton style, we ordered three appetizers (Peking dumplings for each of us, lettuce wraps to share) and then we split an entree (double pan fried noodles with beef, a first for us and probably one of the best we've sampled). Of course, nearly half of the main dish is left in the refrigerator for my lunch tomorrow, but still. We simply can't resist when we go there (or perhaps I should say that I can't resist, because Josh probably could).
So we come home to sleeping children and spend some time catching up with our cousins before they head back to their place. A nice evening out, away from the screaming and madness of three little boys! That began again early this morning, when I had to wake three little boys up (a preschool day, of course) and get them moving. I'm not sure how they know it's a school day, but they do, because those are ALWAYS the days that they're still snuggled up in bed sound asleep. Go figure.