Preschool is already doing it's job, after only one day! After taking the twins in to get Connor (and the wonderful scene that it turned into), I decided we could all use a little comfort food on the first day of school. That means Donal's, in case you were wondering.
Well, one of the things that Connor brought home from school was a little fun pack of toys that included play coins. As we're sitting in the drive-thru, waiting for our turn to order, I'm pulling my wallet out of the passenger seat to see if I have any cash or if I will be using the credit card. Out of no where, my three-year old pipes up from his seat (in the middle row behind me and to my right).
"I got it, Mommy. Connor pay for it!" he says, holding up two fake gold coins and a rather proud expression on his face. "I got pay for it."
Okay, so maybe school didn't teach him all of that. We've slowly been working with him about money and having to pay for things first, like when we take him to the grocery store and get him a toy to occupy him for the duration of the trip (a toy that can't come out of the package until we "pay for it"), or when we go into BestBuy and pick out a new movie for the kids and he knows we have to "pay for it" before we can leave.
But still, it was funny that he said it the first time after his day at school. I guess he hasn't really had any money to hold lately - his birthday and Christmas are pretty much the only times he does - because he's not quite old enough to earn an allowance yet. How long before he starts asking for one, though?