
Another busy day day in the life . . . first, we met up with Grammy and Pappy this morning at the indoor pool near their house for a little swimming. My two water babies LOVED it, Xander not so much. We did eventually get him into the water, though he held on with a death grip the whole time. All the boys had fun in the whirlpool (a big circle of water with spinning motion to pull you round and round). Most of the time they just enjoyed splashing around in the big kiddie area. Sawyer is a totally different person in the water, grinning from ear to ear and completely carefree. It seems to calm him more than just about anything else. He says he'd like to start every day that way (Connor agrees, but Xander probably wouldn't stand for it at all).
Connor was the lucky winner of the day, he was invited to spend the day with Pappy. They were going to stay at the pool for a while and then get some lunch and run some errands. I think there were at least two visits planned, one to Great Grandma JoAnn and the other to pick up cousin Louie (the bulldog) since Uncle Luke was going to be working late tonight and wouldn't be able to get home to the poor little guy. Connor is enjoying his afternoon, of that I'm sure.
The little guys and I had to head back to town to meet Miss April for our developmental therapy, so we grabbed lunch in the car (healthy, I know) and got back to the house about two minutes before she arrived. We had fun playing with puzzles and stacking and counting blocks today. We even got to keep one of them overnight, a magnetic fishing puzzle. Xander has been carrying the pole around all afternoon, and I have a feeling blood will be shed tonight when Connor returns.
And lucky us, our good cousins Katie and Josh are coming over tonight for our weekly night out. The kids will have fun playing, and Josh and I can enjoy some much-needed down time. Life sure seems busy all of the sudden, with preschool, therapy and all the little adventures that keep coming our way. But even when it's hectic and crazy balancing schedules and three toddlers, it's still fun. All I have to do is just look at those smiles, and it's all worth it.