Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tired Little Boys



After a few days at the lake with Grandma and Pa, we have three very tired little boys at our house (and one tired Mommy, too, after getting up earlier than she likes since little boys wake up sooner in strange beds and different rooms!). They are all in bed and asleep, well before 7:30 tonight, and that's extremely rare. Mommy may join them shortly!

I even had a relatively quiet drive back home - two little boys asleep five minutes into the drive, and the third asleep within ten minutes. He tried hard to stay awake, pointing out every single cow and horse and barn and tractor and car and truck and anything else he could think of to name. But eventually he gave it up, and was fast asleep most of the way home.

Poor little guys, visiting is hard on little boys. Too much running and jumping and playing and not enough sleeping and resting! But we all had a great time and enjoyed visiting with Grandma and Pa.

Connor was even disappointed to be going home, at least once we got here. We turned off the interstate and into our subdivision and he started whimpering. When I asked him what was wrong, he said "No Onnor's house, no Daddy and Buster!" which is what I had been telling him we were going home for - to visit Daddy and Buster. I'm not sure if he was sad to be back at home where he wasn't the center of attention all the time as he had been all week at the lake, or if he was just upset that we had turned the wrong way and didn't get "Donal's" on our way in. He fell asleep again before I could ask him. Poor little man.