Do you remember when you could imagine just about anything? I was quietly amused on my afternoon stroller walk today by my three little boys.
We were doing another long walk because the boys were resisting their usual afternoon nap - and the twins are still sitting in the stroller as I type, sleeping peacefully in the cool garage (actually cooler than our house at the moment, as the windows are open and it's near 80 degrees, which I suspect may have been the problem with our naps today!). Lest you be worried for their safety, the exterior door is closed so that no one can kidnap them and the interior door is open so I can hear them and keep an eye on them.
So anyway, back to my original thought. The two of them falling asleep after loudly and violently resisting nap time in their nice comfy beds did amuse me, but Connor even more so. His imagination is definitely taking off. I've noticed it in pretend play with his toys around the house - the red headed "Little People" airline pilot is Kelly, in honor of his red-haired Aunt Kelly, among other things. But today and yesterday both, his navy blue Croc shoe has taken a dual purpose. He removes it from his own foot and holds it up pretending to take pictures of everything that he sees, even going so far as to push the little black Croc emblem on the shoe strap as the "button" while snapping pictures of birds, ducks, planes, flowers, sticks, you name it!
Perhaps it's another sign that Mommy does indeed take too many photos of her children, but I thought it was rather adorable!