Sometimes my oldest son is such a contradiction that I just look at him, and feel like asking, "Who are you and where is my real son?" Connor, he of the "Mine!" and "No touch it!" and "Onnor's (insert any toy we own here)!" varieties, has developed a new trait lately that amazes me.
As I've mentioned before, we're bribing the poor child into potty training - M&Ms are in a candy jar in the bathroom. He is three and a half already, and it actually seems to be going pretty well with the bribery. He's even in big boy underwear during the day this week with no accidents (so far, knock on wood). But the amazing thing is that he's started SHARING his candy with his brothers after each successful potty session.
No, you didn't misread that last statement. It's like I said . . . "Who are you and where is my son?" Now grant you, brothers only get one M&M each, and Connor usually ends up with two or three (the dispenser usually grants anywhere from three to five per pull), but still.
Five minutes later, everyone is back to playing and the screaming starts all over again. Alexander has tried to take one of "Onnor's" trucks, which isn't going over so well with Onnor. "No touch it, baby! It's mine!"
Ah, there he is again. I almost lost him for a second.