Potty training clearly takes up a lot of our time and focus as parents lately. In the interest of those who do not wish to read such "tales," I will attempt to include the word "Potty" in every title so that you may choose to skip over them if you wish, because somewhat vulgar children's potty language always follows.
Here are the fun comments that we've heard this week . . .
"Onnor no sit down!" He's finally discovered the joy of peeing while standing up. We're still working a little on the aim.
"No poot in the pants! Poot on the potty!" He has the concept down in theory, but not in practice, unfortunately. He's doing extremely well with going "pee-pee in the potty" but not so much with the other. And I'm not sure when it became "poot" instead of poo-poo, but the change has been made and there appears to be no going back, despite Mommy's best efforts.
"Onnor yucky!" he says, waddling towards me. This is never a good sign.
"Ouchie. No touch it! Hurts!" he says, as you attempt to clean him up after an "accident" has occurred.
"Yucky poot." he says, watching as Mommy washes out the rather disgusting big boy underwear yet again. "No poot in the pants!"
If only that were the case . . . most of the stuff that I've read has told me that I face several obstacles, as boys are typically slower to potty train and since he is my first attempt I'm having to train myself as much as I am him. Here's hoping we both improve in the near future, and that it will be easier the second (and third) time around with his brothers.